PDA

View Full Version : Rest In Peace, dear smokymtnr

oopsdy
07-09-2011, 20:07
Though we only had a brief chat outside the High Point Visitor's Center 3 weeks ago,
I felt I had met an incredibly wise young soul in the body of an older gentleman
who I would no doubt meet again out on the AT

I was (and I am still) completely unsettled when I recieved news of his passing (July 4, 2011

I am also at a loss for words or actions to take to pay further respects to his wife <br>(who made his trail journal entries up until has last day out of the Telephone Pioneer Shelter in NY),
family,
and close friends

If there are any Whiteblaze members out there who knew Mr. Bolton, please send me a
private message if you have any suggestions

Sincerely,
Constance

HiKen2011
07-09-2011, 20:14
Though we only had a brief chat outside the High Point Visitor's Center 3 weeks ago,
I felt I had met an incredibly wise young soul in the body of an older gentleman
who I would no doubt meet again out on the AT

I was (and I am still) completely unsettled when I recieved news of his passing (July 4, 2011

I am also at a loss for words or actions to take to pay further respects to his wife <br>(who made his trail journal entries up until has last day out of the Telephone Pioneer Shelter in NY),
family,
and close friends

If there are any Whiteblaze members out there who knew Mr. Bolton, please send me a
private message if you have any suggestions

Sincerely,
Constance

Thoughts and prayers to his family, what happened?

oopsdy
07-09-2011, 20:25
Natural causes - he hiked up to the end...

I apologize and I hope I am not being disrespectful his family's privacy
by placing this post.
C.

map man
07-09-2011, 20:38
Here is a link to his trail journal. The last post says he started feeling bad overnight at Telephone Pioneers Shelter in New York, decided to take the train back home to Tennessee, and had a heart attack while waiting in Penn Station in NYC. He was in his 70s and in the midst of a long section hike from Duncannon PA to Monson ME. He'd been on the trail for over a month.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=353983

WingedMonkey
07-09-2011, 21:04
Obituary:http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pjstar/obituary.aspx?n=raymond-bolton&pid=152423532