PDA

View Full Version : A doe looked in my window

Shutterbug
07-11-2011, 23:10
This has nothing to do with the AT or hiking, but I thought some of you might find this picture interesting. This morning a doe came into our back yard and was eating my wife's garden. I ran her off, then went into my home office to work on the computer (read WhiteBlaze.Com). After a few minutes, I looked up and the doe was staring at me through the window. I was too slow grabbing the camera to get a picture of her noze against the glass, but you can still see where the breath from her nostrils caused the window to fog up. I had to run her off 4 times before she eventually gave up on eating the garden.

WingedMonkey
07-11-2011, 23:13
She was trying to read over your shoulder to see if there were any bears out there.
:cool:

map man
07-12-2011, 00:28
Wow, that's some great view you've got from your home office!

Trailweaver
07-12-2011, 02:54
And you were in your office why? With that water outside I'd never get anything done in an office!

EastCoastFeastCoast
07-12-2011, 10:35
Yeah that backyard looks pretty darn sweet! Having a doe come up to your back door has to be even better... can't wait to retire! haha!

ironman y2k
07-12-2011, 11:19
You need a hammock and a laptop and move your office onto that patio.

Shutterbug
07-12-2011, 11:48
Wow, that's some great view you've got from your home office!

Yes. I do have a great view. That is Puget Sound and the land you see is Fox Island. Last week a pod of Orcas (Killer Whales) passed by. Almost every day I have an eagle or two and several osprey fly by.

And, I do sometimes hang my hammock between posts on the deck. I spend a lot of time outside this time of the year. From late June to October, there isn't a more beautiful place in the U.S. than Gig Harbor, WA.

This is the view from my yard when I look east.