PDA

View Full Version : Google+

LDog
07-14-2011, 19:44
Who's checking out the new kid in town?

TrailPossum
07-14-2011, 20:23
Ive been playing around on it. Seems like a mix of facebook and twitter with a little skype thrown in. I am liking the lack of ads being spamed in my face and some of the other annoying quirks that facebook has.
Only downside right now is no ones on it yet.

LDog
07-14-2011, 20:28
I've been inviting my buddies. Even within my friends, it seems like it's mostly the techie, early adopters in there right now. You know, the ones who pack Droids and know what it means to root them ...

pdcollins6092
07-14-2011, 20:46
Do you still need to be invited to it or what?

LDog
07-14-2011, 21:30

Yeah, you still need an invite. If you want, PM me your email addy and I'll send you one.

WingedMonkey
07-14-2011, 21:43
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?74432-Google&highlight=google

LDog
07-14-2011, 22:25
Thanks. I never asked for access to that forum, so it didn't show up in my forum search ...Doh!

jeneliya
07-16-2011, 05:42
Google+ may look like just another attempt to be “Social”, but the collection of services bring some amazing looking features to the Android and Google environment, allowing Google to take a swing at Apple, RIM, Facebook and others with one new product.Google finally announced Google+, its next effort in social.

Basically, Google+ is an amalgamation of several services we already use. The idea, according to Google, is to do them better.

Sly
07-16-2011, 07:19

Google says

Google+ is in limited Field Trial

Right now, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone. Leave us your email address and we'll make sure you're the first to know when we're ready to invite more people.
Keep Me Posted

Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.

LDog
07-16-2011, 08:58
That's basically true, but they are letting folks with invites register pretty freely now. PM me with your email addy if you'd like an invite. Gmail might be preferable, but not required.

Tylermcc
07-16-2011, 09:19
Your the second person who has brought it up to me...., I will definitely check it out; however, I'm apprehensive as the last thing I need is another online communication tool....