PDA

View Full Version : Backpacker magazine, August 2011 issue, all-purpose light hikers pg. 42-43

House of Payne
07-16-2011, 16:45
Any thoughts on these 5 shoes that are mentioned here? I have taken a liking to Lowa Tempest Lo for the best support and the pigskin outers. They are giving to shoes kudos for the midsole taken from the Lowas boot line for stability. My second thougths are with the Merrel Chameleon 3's. Anyone have either of these shoes?

Going to post this in 'footwear' as well

Thanks

4shot
07-16-2011, 18:32
It's really hard to give advice on footwear as what fits my foot well may not work for you. I'd suggest you try them one. I will say i had a pair of Merrells last year on my hike. Very comfortable shoe out of the box but shortest life span by far of the 4 pairs that I went through.

Jim Adams
07-17-2011, 10:29
Back in 2002 (on a thru hike) I was looking at a pair of Lowa shoes in Gorham and was advised by the store personel that I should choose another brand as Lowa refused to stand behind their products if you were an AT thru hiker stating that thru hikers put abnormal abuse on the shoes. I purchased Solomon's instead and have bought Solomons ever since...back to the topic. Does anyone know if Lowa still has this attitude?

geek

WILLIAM HAYES
07-19-2011, 22:17
I am not much on Backpacker Mag recommendations -read the article you mentioned personally I have used Solomons for years and like them very much