PDA

View Full Version : Most wished for item

MisplacedMainer
07-20-2011, 21:02
What is one piece of camping gear you wish was made out of titanium?

And

What is one piece of gear that when hiking you always end up saying "I wish someone would make something for this/or to do this!"?

EastCoastFeastCoast
07-20-2011, 21:17
I don't know if it's plausible or already been done, but the grommets of my boots could be titanium? Also a cast iron cobbler maker that somehow weighed nothing and took up no space would be spiffy.

Happy Hangin'
Ben

MisplacedMainer
07-20-2011, 21:22
Never thought about grommets. Never had mine fail, but titanium would be cool (over kill) but still pretty cool.

Mmmmm cobbler.

EastCoastFeastCoast
07-20-2011, 21:34
Well I think they pretty much made everything out of titanium already except boot grommets and zippers on your pants/jackets... so all I could come up with. And who​ doesn't like cobbler?!

stars in her eyes
07-20-2011, 23:24
Titanium? How about... titanium microthread-reinforced cuben fiber cloth? In ripstop pattern, of course. Durable and lightweight. Think of the possibilities.

wcgornto
07-20-2011, 23:49
Titanium bear canister.

I did wish someone would make poles that I could stash on the side of my pack without them sticking out. Black Diamond did that this year with the Z poles.

campingfever
07-20-2011, 23:53
I wish someone would invent a self propelled levitation backpack!

Trailbender
07-20-2011, 23:57
Titanium? How about... titanium microthread-reinforced cuben fiber cloth? In ripstop pattern, of course. Durable and lightweight. Think of the possibilities.

Well, cuben fiber threads would have greater strength than titanium threads, so it would be kind of pointless.

Jersey Tim
07-21-2011, 01:06
Titanium bear canister.

I did wish someone would make poles that I could stash on the side of my pack without them sticking out. Black Diamond did that this year with the Z poles.

Not to threadjack, but how do you like those? I was considering them but I'm not too up on trekking poles. Does not being able to adjust the length for up- and downhills bug you?

wcgornto
07-21-2011, 01:41
Not to threadjack, but how do you like those? I was considering them but I'm not too up on trekking poles. Does not being able to adjust the length for up- and downhills bug you?

I love them. They weigh nothing and fold up to take up almost no space. They do not stick up above my pack when stashed in the side pockets.

I rarely use poles for a steep up hill climb, so the single length is fine with me.

lemon b
07-21-2011, 07:41
My cook pot. Its at the top of my to get list.

LDog
07-21-2011, 12:27
Titanium Knees sound pretty good right now ...

4Bears
07-21-2011, 18:19

I have one and it works pretty good but am willing to wait many more years before I replace the other one.

pistol p
07-23-2011, 00:31

I was hoping for titanium feet, myself....damn gout.