PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Grand Mesa 2

Terp
07-22-2011, 15:14
I am looking at this tent to use backpacking trips considering everyone i used to backpack with is moving away and they had the shelters. So what is anyone's thoughts on this tent? Or recommend any other tents under $200 that will fit one or two people with gear. Much help is appreciated First Post

BadAndy
07-22-2011, 17:42
I have this tent and it's been good for me. I'm a big guy so I need a 2 man tent and this one is a good balance between cost and weight. Actually got mine on ebay for 80 bucks. It has plenty of room to be comfortable and spread out your gear after a rainy day and the vestebule easily fits a pack with room to cook left over if you need. Setup is easy and it's never leaked for me. The only thing I would change is that I would prefer a tent with a side entry/vestebule instead of on the end like this tent.

skinewmexico
07-22-2011, 18:25
I'd watch steep and cheap. They'v been having some killer deals on Marmot and Big Agnes tents.

ljcsov
07-29-2011, 21:49
Is this too small for two people? Like a guy and his gf? We aren't big people...

BadAndy
07-30-2011, 08:32
You can sleep two smaller, very familir people inside it without much trouble. The single end entry would be a pain and the vestebule isn't very big to cover gear for two people.