PDA

View Full Version : Looking For B-Day Present

Shortz
07-26-2011, 01:16
Hello all, hope i'm not wasting anyone's time, but my boyfriend and I are planning to hike from Hot Springs, NC north for 3 days, and back south for three days, and coming from Cincinnati this will be a 9 day trip for us, and our first time on the AT, though we are planning a thru-hike in March. But the issue is, his birthday is during our hike. We have all of our gear, and it's all darn near good, great, new gear. I am stumped on what to give him as a b-day present. I thought it would be nice to have a present wrapped up and hidden in my pack for him! Any ideas?! Anything you love that I haven't thought of yet?! Something obscure or neat that is really useful? I would appreciate any ideas!!!

Thanks!!
shortz

Wombat Farm
07-26-2011, 01:33
Hi shortz...

How about some extravagant food item that you wouldn't normally bring? Even after 2 or 3 full days in the woods, he'll marvel at some yummy desert (well, maybe) or cake that he had no idea you had with you. Or if you like wine (or any other alcohol for that matter), pour into a "platterpus" type holder (will make it light weight) for a low key b-day celebration...then save the real present for when you get off the trail.

Enjoy!

Hello all, hope i'm not wasting anyone's time, but my boyfriend and I are planning to hike from Hot Springs, NC north for 3 days, and back south for three days, and coming from Cincinnati this will be a 9 day trip for us, and our first time on the AT, though we are planning a thru-hike in March. But the issue is, his birthday is during our hike. We have all of our gear, and it's all darn near good, great, new gear. I am stumped on what to give him as a b-day present. I thought it would be nice to have a present wrapped up and hidden in my pack for him! Any ideas?! Anything you love that I haven't thought of yet?! Something obscure or neat that is really useful? I would appreciate any ideas!!!

Thanks!!
shortz

Shortz
07-26-2011, 08:54
thats a great idea! thanks :)

Blissful
07-26-2011, 09:56
Its hard to know as we have no idea what his likes are or what gear he already has. You cant go wrong with food though, if he has a favorite. My hubby also LOVES his altimeter watch. He doesn't wear it for the time as he could care less, but he likes the temp on it and the altitude it gives.

Shortz
07-26-2011, 23:30
another good idea, a friend of mine has a watch like that, i'll look into it.