PDA

View Full Version : Responding to old threads

Feral Nature
07-27-2011, 15:56
I have been doing searches and reading all the terrific material on the site. However, I keep forgetting myself and occasionally respond to old threads. So I appologize if that is an issue. Thanks :)

Rain Man
07-27-2011, 17:07
I would not say it's an issue, though it does help when one announces that they are responding to an old post/thread in their reply, to clue everyone in. Just a hint. Don't know if you did or didn't.

Rain:sunMan

Feral Nature
07-27-2011, 17:14
Thanks Rain Man! :)

WingedMonkey
07-27-2011, 17:42
Sometimes it just wakes up a topic that got off the current board. ( and prevents one more thread on the same subject) I only laugh when someone is asking for trail advice for an upcoming hike and the question is answered months or more after they have been there and back.
:sun

Feral Nature
07-27-2011, 17:54
I try to do a search before asking a question, then I read the whole thread, and then promptly forget that it was an old thread. But I do try look at the date before I post, so I won't look silly!

Hikes in Rain
07-27-2011, 19:36
Some fora really object to the "resurrection" of old threads. Never understood that. If the problem (or topic, I work on several help forums) is still current, why not keep it active?

Feral Nature
07-27-2011, 19:41
I feel the same way, actually. I hate to start a new thread if there is already a similar thread tucked away somewhere.

Wise Old Owl
07-27-2011, 22:26
Actually it's quite cool to dredge up old threads from three to five years ago - I get to see old posts from people that are no longer here, that were awesome to interact with on WB.

EJC
07-27-2011, 23:17
I feel the same way, actually. I hate to start a new thread if there is already a similar thread tucked away somewhere.

Agreed. No reason to start something new. It was a bonus to see the fun zombie thread poster that someone kept posting. It was good for a laugh.