PDA

View Full Version : KTA Fall Meeting

Mother Natures Son
07-28-2011, 19:05
I always love to attend KTA's (Keystone Trail Association) meetings either in the Fall or Spring. The upcoming Fall meeting at Prospect, Butler County has me rethinking this year's option. They want (Lutherlyn-resort? $50-100 depending what package you want for the weekend! I had to read that much twice. I couldn't believe anybody would charge that much to tent some place. For that much money I want to be tucked in and tootsies massaged LOL Seriously, how much has anyone paid to camp out any place?

ki0eh
07-28-2011, 19:22
I got that too, from memory seems like $50 for 2 nights + $65 ish for 6 meals, fellowship, and overhead. Considering that the $50/night chain motel room has become the $100/night chain motel room in the last few years it doesn't seem as bad by comparison. But yes the cost even of these hiking conferences has gone up. At least they have a tenting option, a couple of times recently KTA has been just hotels or find your own RV park and at least they listened to some complaints. Unfortunately I myself seem to need to buy 1/2 a cabin for the family so that looks like a lot more $$$.