PDA

View Full Version : New Layout

-SEEKER-
07-28-2011, 20:06
Left in June to hike on the AT. Now I'm back and White Blaze has changed its' look. No offense but why? It is now very unappealing looking to me and I no longer see a place for peoples photos. Is it technologically better or something?

Tipi Walter
07-28-2011, 20:08
We all felt this way at first. You'll get used to it.

Carl in FL
07-28-2011, 20:41
We all felt this way at first. You'll get used to it.

Sounds like a quote from "Alcatraz".
Seriously though, after a while, you won't feel so jumpy.

DLANOIE
07-28-2011, 22:04
Atleast one of us was out hiking while all this was going on.:)

dillard
07-28-2011, 22:09
Left in June to hike on the AT. Now I'm back and White Blaze has changed its' look. No offense but why? It is now very unappealing looking to me and I no longer see a place for peoples photos. Is it technologically better or something?

Yes, the reason for updating it was to make it technically better and be able to offer more to the user. The look will grow on you...

sbhikes
07-28-2011, 22:38
When will it? It hasn't grown on me at all.

Spirit Walker
07-28-2011, 23:42
I've gotten used to the look, but I miss the photos. They always gave me a smile when I came to the site.

-SEEKER-
07-29-2011, 08:02
I've gotten used to the look, but I miss the photos. They always gave me a smile when I came to the site.

I really miss the photos too.

STEVEM
07-29-2011, 08:17
I really miss the photos too.

Exactly, the photos were a nice feature. Without the random photos, and many of the most interesting people, I find Whiteblaze to be just another boring site.

hikerboy57
07-29-2011, 08:20
there is nothing more permanent than change.the trails been rerouted, thats all.

atraildreamer
07-29-2011, 12:51
Yes, the reason for updating it was to make it technically better and be able to offer more to the user. The look will grow on you...

Please, let's not start this controversy up again! Rick (attroll) has worked hard on the changeover and it had its effect on him. Below are some exclusive photos of attroll:

1. immediately after he finished the changeover, :eek:

2. being helped to sort out all the negative criticism he had to endure, :mad:

3. the first thing that he is going to do...as soon as they let him out! :) :banana:banana:banana

(Just kidding Rick! Its a real good job on the new site software.:clap Don't let us old curmudgeons...{myself included!:D}...who don't like things to change too much get under your skin. We'll get used to the new look of WB!) :mad::mad::mad:

Blissful
07-29-2011, 12:56
Now that I know my way around better and can do things I never could figure out before, I like it very much. A-Troll has done a magnificent job.

Carl in FL
07-29-2011, 12:59
Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming Rick.
It's not his fault the bananas can dance but
the posts can't stay in one spot long enough to read.

BobTheBuilder
07-29-2011, 13:51
I miss the random photos, too, but you'll never hear me complain. The Troll works way too hard allowing me to desk-blaze for me to do any whining. I know where the Gallerye tab is.

-SEEKER-
07-30-2011, 08:26
I miss the random photos, too, but you'll never hear me complain. The Troll works way too hard allowing me to desk-blaze for me to do any whining. I know where the Gallerye tab is.

I'm a technology idiot, can't even change the time on the VCR/DVD player and have been known to use the wrong remote to change the TV channel thus rendering it useless until someone can figure out what I did and fix it. Thanks to this post I went searching and found the Gallery tab also!

Jim Adams
07-30-2011, 12:08
When will it? It hasn't grown on me at all.

Me neither...the new look SUCKS!
Nothing wrong with the old one.....why change things that don't need changed?

geek

Jim Adams
07-30-2011, 12:11
there is nothing more permanent than change.the trails been rerouted, thats all.
Relos are usually an improvement...this isn't.

geek

Bearpaw
07-30-2011, 14:46
It was much worse when the change first happened. Many of the kinks have been worked out, but the search feature is still pretty sketchy. You can work with it and learn the system, or you can spend more time at other sites. I've done some of both.