PDA

View Full Version : Environment Rules Roll Back

ALLEGHENY
07-29-2011, 09:39
House Republicans Try to Roll Back Environmental Rules - NYTimes.com (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/28/science/earth/28enviro.html)

hikerboy57
07-29-2011, 09:47
what else is new? I think we now have the most dysfunctional federal government in the history of this country.

sloger
07-29-2011, 09:58
Amen and Amen!

ALLEGHENY
07-29-2011, 10:06
House Republicans Try to Roll Back Environmental Rules - NYTimes.com (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/28/science/earth/28enviro.html)
"Although inserting policy changes into appropriations bills is a common strategy when government is divided as it is now, no one can remember such an aggressive use of the tactic against natural resources. "

ebandlam
07-29-2011, 10:10
+1

There is no one to blame but ourselves. Regardless of the party - we put these bozos in government. I used to believe that there was certain honor in working for the government - you know serve the people, build a better country for our children and all that. I don't buy that any more - at least when it comes to people on the top levels of the pyramid.

ebandlam
07-29-2011, 10:11
"I think we now have the most dysfunctional federal government in the history of this country."

+1<br><br>There is no one to blame but ourselves.&nbsp; Regardless of the party - we put these bozos in government. &nbsp; I used to believe that there was certain honor in working for the government - you know serve the people, build a better country for our children and all that.&nbsp; I don't buy that any more - at least when it comes to people on the top levels of the pyramid.

ebandlam
07-29-2011, 10:12
"I think we now have the most dysfunctional federal government in the history of this country."

+1

There is no one to blame but ourselves.&amp;nbsp; Regardless of the party - we put these bozos in government. &amp;nbsp; I used to believe that there was certain honor in working for the government - you know serve the people, build a better country for our children and all that.&amp;nbsp; I don't buy that any more - at least when it comes to people on the top levels of the pyramid.

hikerboy57
07-29-2011, 10:12
holding the world hostage to force through an agenda is pretty disgusting.The party of division forgets how many times sacred Mr reagan raised both the debt ceiling and taxes during his term.and just so you know, although Im a registered democrat, Ive voted republican more often in my life than democrat. Im a pragmatist, and so was reagan. even he understood bills need to be paid.Our government is broken, and I have no idea how we can fix it.
sorry for the rant, but Im pretty angry right now.

hobby
07-29-2011, 10:44
[QUOTE=hikerboy57;1185260]holding the world hostage to force through an agenda is pretty disgusting.

are you talking DEMS, REPUBS, or the Bamster?

Rocket Jones
07-29-2011, 10:53
My first and only political post here on WB: The Republican-controlled House is the ONLY body to propose a written plan to increase the debt ceiling limit. Four of them at last count, and the Democrat-controlled Senate promised to vote the last two down before even seeing them.

There's plenty of blame to go around here.

ALLEGHENY
07-29-2011, 10:57

+1

There is no one to blame but ourselves.&amp;nbsp; Regardless of the party - we put these bozos in government. &amp;nbsp; I used to believe that there was certain honor in working for the government - you know serve the people, build a better country for our children and all that.&amp;nbsp; I don't buy that any more - at least when it comes to people on the top levels of the pyramid.

What do you want?

A healthy Environment or the the freedom to put the pedal to the metal and plastic (ultra lite) everything! With out a thought of how many Marines and Soldiers die to get it. Rape the land, there's money to be had and the politicians know it.

Apathy is the problem! Most Americans can name more celebrities than name there elected leaders!

hikerboy57
07-29-2011, 11:23
i think we need to switch to religion before this turns nasty.

Trailbender
07-29-2011, 11:42
They are both the same party anyways, giving people the illusion of "choice".

hikerboy57
07-29-2011, 11:47
just like the rest of the country, about 10% of congress represents the fringes of the rest of congress as well as this country. I blame both republican and democratic party leaders for not even attempting to find the common ground that most of America shares, and stop the polarization thats happening in the good old uSA.And I blame their leader for not bringing them together. Most of America agrees on a lot more than they disgaree on. theres got to be a better way of representing this reality. its broken, it needs to be fixed.