PDA

View Full Version : Attention Sgt Rock:

MedicineMan
12-08-2002, 06:13
You used a shuttle person named 'Hacksaw' in GA....how do I get in touch with him/her????
I need some GA AT sections in and am looking for a shuttle driver..
Thanks in advance!

Easyhiker
12-08-2002, 06:25
Hes a member here look in the members area and page him .... his name is Joe Tallent

Easyhiker
12-08-2002, 06:28
actaully in the members area I think his handle is hacksaw, good luck on your winter hike, im leaving Springer on Jan 1st can,t wait ant longer, I was gonna launch in mid february.

Easyhiker
12-08-2002, 06:34
Wes Wisson is avalible also look in the trip report area and I think his phone number is in my first entry ........ give him my name LoL.

He's the dude that shutlled Bryson and that Katz dude.

SGT Rock
12-08-2002, 15:56
Hacksaw is a great shuttle provider. He ain't in it or the money, he is a hiker too. He can give you a lot of pointers on the local trail in GA, as well as some other places. My reccomendation is you try e-mailing him, just be patient. He hikes and works about 3 different jobs here and there, as well as has a grandchild he likes to go visit. If you can get him, buy him a meal - we had a great breakfast at one of those country dinners in GA, my kind of place - and Hacksaw is good company.

The name Wes Wisson is familiar, I finally realized he is also the guy that was Bill Bryson's shuttle. I wonder what Wes has to say about him and Katz.

wacocelt
12-08-2002, 16:11
I tried to send an Email to Hacksaw to inquire about shuttle service, but recived a 'this function has been blocked by admin' message.
Was also going to send one to Former Admin, same message. Thanks.

SGT Rock
12-08-2002, 16:21
This is my last known good address for Hacksaw:

[email protected]

Lugnut
12-08-2002, 17:31
The Weasel knows him, maybe he can help get in touch with him.

mongstad
12-08-2002, 22:25
I don't run a "shuttle service", but I live within an hour of Springer and I'm on the trail (in GA) just about every weekend. Be happy to pick you up in Gainesville and deliver you anywhere on the GA section. Myself I am thinking very seriously about doing the GA section right after Christmas, so maybe could work out something with that, are you driving or flying in? You can reply here or at [email protected].

MedicineMan
12-08-2002, 23:30
Just a thanks to all for responding...with the admission that I am a section hiker, the response shown is true evidence of the beauty of WhiteBlaze.net in how information and services can be shared. Consequently I have already beamed an email to 'Hacksaw' and Mongstad with the current hope that I can get together with Mongstad and get in a GA section or two...WhiteBlaze rules! and again thanks to all.

Easyhiker
12-09-2002, 02:04
Originally posted by wacocelt
I tried to send an Email to Hacksaw to inquire about shuttle service, but recived a 'this function has been blocked by admin' message.
Was also going to send one to Former Admin, same message. Thanks.

Yes I have that email feature turned off for spam reasons, spam spyders are good at extracting e-mail addys from forums and guestbooks. However Rock & Troll might want to turn this feature back on or vote on it ...... its there decision.

Easyhiker
12-09-2002, 02:15
Originally posted by SGT Rock

The name Wes Wisson is familiar, I finally realized he is also the guy that was Bill Bryson's shuttle. I wonder what Wes has to say about him and Katz.

He didn't have much to say about them other than he had no idea at that time that Bryson was going to write a book, and that the book drummed up buisness for him.