PDA

View Full Version : Message in a bottle found 50 years later

DLANOIE
08-01-2011, 18:08
I thought this was worth posting. Not at all related to hiking, but I have an Aunt who lives in Hampton, NH. Plus its just a cool story!

DLANOIE
08-01-2011, 18:08
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/28/earlyshow/main20084642.shtml

OOPS! Here is the link to the story.

HiKen2011
08-01-2011, 18:31
cool story!

Joker4ink
08-02-2011, 00:59
Yeah, very cool!

Rain Man
08-02-2011, 09:49
You're right. It has nothing to do with the AT nor even with hiking. I can find "cool stories" all over the web. Don't need them cluttering up WB. Shall we all start threads on irrelevant topics we think are "cool"?

Apologies for being a grump.

Rain Man

Oklahoma 98
08-02-2011, 22:54
It is a very "cool story" I wouldn't have read it if you hadn't posted it here. Thanks for sharing it with us DLANOIE.

jody
08-02-2011, 23:11
Cant for the life of me, figure out why it is such a big deal if someone happens to post "off topic" on this website!! Call the posting police!! It was a neat story and it didnt offend me at ALL which topic it was posted under!!

Brewerbob
08-03-2011, 10:33
You're right. It has nothing to do with the AT nor even with hiking. I can find "cool stories" all over the web. Don't need them cluttering up WB. Shall we all start threads on irrelevant topics we think are "cool"?

Rain Man

.Someone isn't getting enough fiber in their diet.

You still ... 1) to check the thread out, 2) read it, 3) reply.

Procras108r
08-03-2011, 11:21
I agree with you Rainman....and I thought you stated your feelings politely. There are sites all over the web if people are interested in these human interest stories. Please don't start to clutter the WB with stupid crime stories or videos of cats playing the piano.

Brewerbob
08-03-2011, 11:42
I agree with you Rainman....and I thought you stated your feelings politely. There are sites all over the web if people are interested in these human interest stories. Please don't start to clutter the WB with stupid crime stories or videos of cats playing the piano.Yep, the people buying banner space would hate to see increased traffic.

Sly
08-03-2011, 11:46
I agree with you Rainman....and I thought you stated your feelings politely. There are sites all over the web if people are interested in these human interest stories. Please don't start to clutter the WB with stupid crime stories or videos of cats playing the piano.

There is a non-AT (or non related to hiking) forum...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?361-General-Non-AT-Talk

Sly
08-03-2011, 11:50
Ha... I wonder if she paid the $150?

Brewerbob
08-03-2011, 11:51
Ha... I wonder if she paid the $150?From the sound of her response, I'd bet she did.

DLANOIE
08-03-2011, 12:06
I think Rainman absolutely stated his opinion politely. I looked for a non AT related/off-topic forum and could not find one. I dont mean to "clutter" WB with non hiking related threads and I will likely not do it again.

bigmac_in
08-03-2011, 12:27
I thought this was worth posting. Not at all related to hiking, but I have an Aunt who lives in Hampton, NH. Plus its just a cool story!

Rain Man

Such a polite grump. (but a grump none the less)

Yes, let's keep it cluttered with stupid hiking questions only.

I think Rainman absolutely stated his opinion politely. I looked for a non AT related/off-topic forum and could not find one. I dont mean to "clutter" WB with non hiking related threads and I will likely not do it again.

Don't let one grump scare you away. There were many others that like your post.