PDA

View Full Version : Northface Flint 2

ljcsov
08-02-2011, 22:29
Anyone have experience with this tent?

It is at Sports Authority now for only $111.

Do you think two average sized people could actually fit in this gent? (bf/gf)
We aren't big people! I am 6'.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/flint-2.html

thanks

dillard
08-02-2011, 23:03
I don't have that tent but I have one of similar size. If you are planning to fit two people its gonna be a good thing your dating because your gonna be "snug".

Should work fine from what I see, but your best bet would be to see if your local Sports Authority has it and will let you test it out in store so you know for sure if it will fit your needs.

ljcsov
08-03-2011, 11:01
I don't have that tent but I have one of similar size. If you are planning to fit two people its gonna be a good thing your dating because your gonna be "snug".

Should work fine from what I see, but your best bet would be to see if your local Sports Authority has it and will let you test it out in store so you know for sure if it will fit your needs.

Good call. It seems like most of the "2 person" tents are snug for two people. Although, I am seeing if i can get Nemo Meta 2p for a good price.

Franco
08-03-2011, 20:42
Try this .
first make a floor plan like this one :

(I was comparing two shelters ...)
then lay down inside your sleeping bag (on top of your mat) and try to visualise the inward slope of the inner to see if you do have enough space .
Since I have plenty of poles I tend to do this in my backyard and plant the poles in the grass crossing them over at the given height. This is not 100% accurate but it will give you a better idea.
Another little test I do is to make a drawing like this one :

the box there is the minimum amount of space I am comfortable with.
For me it is around 22" wide , 15" high and 74" long
(the one in this drawing was done just to compare the usable size of two shelters from the same brand and having the same floor length)
To be clear, neither of the two pics above represent the TNF tent, this is something that can be done with any tent...
Franco