PDA

View Full Version : My FT Information Guide

mistiaggie
08-04-2011, 22:40
I'd been thinking heavily on writing something on the FT because one can come here to WB and find tons of info on the AT and even on other long trails but I feel like the FT gets the shaft. I thru-hiked it with my husband this last Jan, Feb and a smidge of March and have put together some information that might be helpful, including our resupplies. If anyone has more specific questions feel free to ask me and I can help as best as I can. I would love for more people to hike this trail and accept it for what it is and enjoy the beauty of the flat land!

Anyway here's what I wrote up: http://oceanicwilderness.com/2011/08/03/how-to-thru-hike-the-florida-trail/ It isn't a be all and end all guide, but I thought it might be helpful to some of those interested. Of course you should buy the guide and maps if you decide to go out and do it!

Happy hiking!

Johnny Thunder
08-05-2011, 00:05
i'm very interested to read this but the link seems to be broken.

pafarmboy
08-05-2011, 09:21
This is great stuff. You should contact the FT organization and ask them if they would be interested in this info for their Trail magazine.

sonic
08-05-2011, 10:03
Great info. I also liked the link to the Watson Preserve. The Big Thicket area is wonderful in cooler weather. Thanks for sharing.

mistiaggie
08-06-2011, 10:36
Not sure what happened with the link Johnny Thunder, but it works fine for me. Maybe try typing it in? If not here it is again: http://oceanicwilderness.com/2011/08/03/how-to-thru-hike-the-florida-trail/

PaFarmBoy: I'm working on a separate article on the FT for the magazine.

Sonic: I see you are in Benbrook! cool! We are in DFW at the moment but about to move to the far outskirts of NW Houston. Have you ever hiked the Lone Star Trail? When it cools off we want to hit that up!

Thanks for the comments!

Chenango
09-05-2011, 14:26
I'd been thinking heavily on writing something on the FT because one can come here to WB and find tons of info on the AT and even on other long trails but I feel like the FT gets the shaft. I thru-hiked it with my husband this last Jan, Feb and a smidge of March and have put together some information that might be helpful, including our resupplies. If anyone has more specific questions feel free to ask me and I can help as best as I can. I would love for more people to hike this trail and accept it for what it is and enjoy the beauty of the flat land!

Anyway here's what I wrote up: http://oceanicwilderness.com/2011/08/03/how-to-thru-hike-the-florida-trail/ It isn't a be all and end all guide, but I thought it might be helpful to some of those interested. Of course you should buy the guide and maps if you decide to go out and do it!

Happy hiking!

Thanks. Great info.

Gray Blazer
09-06-2011, 07:36
Couldn't open it. Glad you had a good FT hike. What's your favorite section? I like the ONF. My 2 sons saw a Big Foot there near Buck Lake. I saw BF footprints in Etoniah State Forest as well as otters, bears and eagles.