PDA

View Full Version : accommodation in the A.T.

meirosilio
08-05-2011, 17:03
hey ,

If I start the A.t. in Dorchester Road and finish it in Grafton Notch do I have to stay at expensive shelter or I have an option just for campfires? how much shelter/campfires cost ? I want to save as much as I can , if I gonna to hike for 3-4 weeks how much I need to spend on accommodation?
Meir.

hikerboy57
08-05-2011, 17:11
hey ,

If I start the A.t. in Dorchester Road and finish it in Grafton Notch do I have to stay at expensive shelter or I have an option just for campfires? how much shelter/campfires cost ? I want to save as much as I can , if I gonna to hike for 3-4 weeks how much I need to spend on accommodation?
Meir.thee are a few campsites just east of grafton notch that are free, to the west, the shelters and campsites are administered by the AMC, and they do charge a small fee per person to stay. There are no fires allowed except at designated campsites. as far as stealth camping, that part of maine is pretty dense woods, and would be rather difficult to find an appropiate site, better off sticking to established sites.If I remeber right, the fee was $6/person per night.