PDA

View Full Version : Any other packs like Aarn?

Trailryder42
08-06-2011, 00:40
Ok, so Aarn packs, at least the two I'm interested in, are no where to be found or had. And I understand there isn't another production run scheduled until next year. I'm looking specifically for the Mountain Magic 55 and Featherlite Freedom long torso body packs.

Are there any other manufacturers that make packs that are configured like the Aarn body packs, that put the balance pockets up front attached to the shoulder straps?

If not, the next option is to try to adapt the balance pockets, which can be had separately, to my Osprey Atmos.

stranger
08-06-2011, 06:51
I would suggest calling Aarn Tate himself in New Zealand. I met Aarn a few times years ago and have had him in my old shop, cool guy, down to Earth. There may be some models sitting in New Zealand shops, namely Living Simply, in either Wellington or Auckland, NZ.

Shipping to the US would be about $50NZD, or about $40USD.

Trailryder42
08-06-2011, 11:14
I had thought of that, but it expressly says on his site that if you have a distributor in your country, he won't do business with you directly.

DanaMac
08-07-2011, 11:41
Definitely contact Aarn Deign, but I believe they are out of the Mountain Magic packs, and the Long torso size of the Featherlite Freedom. If Aarn does not have any in stock in NZ, he may know of a retailer that does. Since we are out of those models in North America, there is no problem buying from Aarn Design, or another distributor/retailed outside of our area. Here is a link to the different distributors and retailers outside of North America. I will also try to contact Aarn and see what may be lying around his place. He has just moved out of Christchurch, and may be slow to get the new operations up and going.
http://www.aarnpacks.com/buying/index.html
You can also email Aarn Design at [email protected]

Trailryder42
08-09-2011, 01:42
Since we are out of those models in North America, there is no problem buying from Aarn Design, or another distributor/retailed outside of our area. Here is a link to the different distributors and retailers outside of North America. I will also try to contact Aarn and see what may be lying around his place. He has just moved out of Christchurch, and may be slow to get the new operations up and going.
http://www.aarnpacks.com/buying/index.html
You can also email Aarn Design at [email protected]

Thanks for the info and your efforts.

4eyedbuzzard
08-09-2011, 07:36
If you're interested I've got an Aarn Peak aspiration (size L / 45 liter w/ Med hipbelt) for sale with two Sport size balance pockets. $200 shipped conus.