PDA

View Full Version : Stumbled on to a new restaurant in Dunncannon, PA

Brewerbob
08-10-2011, 16:53
Last weekend while doing some local camping I came across a BBQ place that just happens to be 2 1/2 miles from the A.T. in Dunncannon, PA.

Try the Bully ...beef brisket, double smoked bacon, cooper sharp cheese, grilled onions and Road Hawg white sauce on an Amoroso roll strait out of south Philly.. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Roadhawg-BBQ/107118085986865

Feral Nature
08-10-2011, 16:55
Brisket! Good to know.

Brewerbob
08-10-2011, 17:28
Oops, I lied. It's not 2 1/2 miles from the trail. More like 250 feet.

42 s. Main Street, Duncannon, PA 17020 (http://bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&where1=42+s.+Main+Street%2C+Duncannon%2C+PA+17020&FORM=FBKPL0&name=Roadhawg+BBQ&mkt=en-US)

Brewerbob
08-10-2011, 17:31
Really need an edit option!!!

Shows as Bullco Computers on Google Maps. Same building as a liquor store (Perry County Beer). Beer and BBQ ... so you know it has to be good.

Mother Natures Son
08-10-2011, 19:12
Pictures! Pictures folks. I would love to see photos of the place. How far away is the Doyles?

Sly
08-10-2011, 20:25
Really need an edit option!!!

WB has an edit option, you just need to be a donating member to get it.

BadAndy
08-10-2011, 21:05
Pictures! Pictures folks. I would love to see photos of the place. How far away is the Doyles?

About a block from the Doyle. When you walk into town (going NOBO),it's on the right just after you make the right turn onto Rt. 274 and walk under the Rt. 11/15 bridge. Same building as the beer distrubutor. Not much to look at from the outside but kick ass BBQ!

Brewerbob
08-11-2011, 07:01
WB has an edit option, you just need to be a donating member to get it.That is truly gay and not in a good way.

MNS,
Click the FB link. They have pics there. I didn't have a camera with me at the time. They are new to the location hence the Google Maps not being labeled correctly. Been there since April according to the owner/operator.

Brewerbob
08-11-2011, 09:53
Roadhawg BBQ

Sorry, forgot to include the name and the FB linnk seems to work sometimes and not other times.

Brewerbob
08-11-2011, 10:02
Brisket! Good to know.Brisket and bacon. I don't think it can get any better than that.

Brewerbob
08-11-2011, 10:09
About a block from the Doyle. When you walk into town (going NOBO),it's on the right just after you make the right turn onto Rt. 274 and walk under the Rt. 11/15 bridge. Same building as the beer distrubutor. Not much to look at from the outside but kick ass BBQ!Oh sweet, so you've been there?

Ever need a weekend hiking/camping buddy, let me know. The two guys I was with chickened out. We were headed for a radio tower near there. Too many downed trees. So, we went around using an egress made by a dozer I'm guessing. More down trees but we cleared those with a jeep and winch. Lots of rocks and ground cover grass and vines so we couldn't see them. We didn't get far before turning around. Ended up at some guy's house (friend of one of the guys) but he wasn't home. After hanging out until about 9pm, one dude decided to go home. The other decided there was some stoner party he'd rather go to. I didn't want to drive an hour in the dark and have to set up in the dark and rain so went home too. I wanted to field test my new tent. In the rain would have been an extra bonus if it was already up before it started raining.

Crotalus
08-14-2011, 10:53
Road Hawg is very good. Love the brisket and pulled pork, not so keen on their ribs for some reason though. The baked beans are fantastic. The Bully sandwich is only available until the end of August.