PDA

View Full Version : Car broken into at Williamstown, MA / Pine Cobble Road

4eyedbuzzard
08-10-2011, 17:44
The Williamstown, MA Police Dept called me late last night to report that my daughter's car was broken into yesterday at the trailhead parking area for the Pine Cobble Trail (AT access trail) in Williamstown, MA while she was out hiking. The BG's broke out the driver's side window. The officer (really nice guy) said he taped and plastic(ed) the window. I texted her and she was really upset, but there wasn't anything of great value left in the car so . . . She'll be back there Friday, so I'm hoping the plastic keeps the rain out. :sigh: crime is everywhere

Sly
08-10-2011, 19:46
The Williamstown, MA Police Dept called me late last night to report that my daughter's car was broken into yesterday at the trailhead parking area for the Pine Cobble Trail (AT access trail) in Williamstown, MA while she was out hiking. The BG's broke out the driver's side window. The officer (really nice guy) said he taped and plastic(ed) the window. I texted her and she was really upset, but there wasn't anything of great value left in the car so . . . She'll be back there Friday, so I'm hoping the plastic keeps the rain out. :sigh: crime is everywhere

That sucks. You should let the ATC know. Why do they always pick the drivers side window? Adding insult to injury, when the passenger side window would do (quick access to the glove box).

4eyedbuzzard
08-10-2011, 21:58
I already emailed ATC. I'm more concerned that knowing about it is going to spoil the rest of her hike, (insurance will cover all but $100 of the window damage) but I had to find out if any credit cards, checks, etc were left in the car - there weren't. Told her to forget about it and enjoy the rest of the hike.

Drewby25
08-10-2011, 22:27
I thru hiked the LT last summer and saw a car broken in at the trail head when I started at Pine Cobble. From the looks of the parking lot that wasn't the first time then either. There was piles of glass everywhere from broken windows. Definitely not a place to leave the car :(

burger
08-10-2011, 22:57
I would encourage the OP to post a comment at the unofficial (but extremely excellent) AT parking page:
http://rohland.homedns.org/at/state/state_detail/AT_state_detail.aspx?stateID=13%20&sectionID=119

4eyedbuzzard
08-13-2011, 13:25
I would encourage the OP to post a comment at the unofficial (but extremely excellent) AT parking page:
http://rohland.homedns.org/at/state/state_detail/AT_state_detail.aspx?stateID=13 &sectionID=119

Done. Thanks for the link.