PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of Duncannon

Mother Natures Son
08-10-2011, 19:20
I have some time off next week and was thinking of hiking the trail near Duncannon (PA). Which is best route (scenery), North or South of town?

yotarunner77
08-11-2011, 05:54
Well it depends how far you want to go. If you go north you will most likely park on the north side of the susquehanna river at the clarks ferry bridge and hike up from there. If you go south you would park at the base of the cove mt behind on the other side of the creek and go up from there; so both ways its up. For scenery both north and south follow the ridge line for a few miles and both have some views, going north there is a few views at the point of peters mountain, two power lines, table rock and victoria rocks, along with alot of bolders and rocks. Going south there are the hawk rocks right above dunncannon with the best views but not as many as going north. So with that being said I would recomend going south if you do not plan on going far and north for a longer hike. If you need a shuttle or a hiking partner let me know I live in the area....i'll see what I can do.