PDA

View Full Version : shuttlers

MedicineMan
12-09-2002, 05:55
Hey this place is big...often too big for me to find everything so I was thinking maybe a separate section on those who provide shuttle services???? just my thought at 5am after being in my cage for the last too many hours....and by the way, couldnt stand it any longer, ordered the snowshoes so next week off I will have no excuse.

SGT Rock
12-09-2002, 07:34
We could do that. It wouldn't be too hard I guess, just put a series of states under a heading of shuttle providers. But the ATC website already has one:

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/hike/pdfs/shuttle_083002.pdf

MedicineMan
12-09-2002, 08:06
and while we are at it I am also looking for a shuttler out of the Wesser area if anyone knows one...the AT site said that NOC does not offer shuttles (that employees can when possible)...I've got urge next week when off to get in Stecoah to Wesser but will need a shuttle back to Stecoah......

SGT Rock
12-09-2002, 09:02
Hacksaw Shuttles as far north as Fontanna. What he did for me was meet me at Amicolola after I drove there and left my car in the long term parking, and then drive me to Wesser so I could hike back to my vehicle. He gave me some contact numbers in case I had to bail so he could pick me up (he knows every trail crossing in that area) and some tips on cool spots. We even talked about some other sections - I'm pretty sure he was the one that convinced me that Hot Springs to Damascus would be a cool hike.

Lone Wolf
12-09-2002, 10:22
Hey dachonkin! Jeff and Nancy Hoch, owners of the Hike Inn near Fontana Dam offer shuttles. They actually live about 5 miles from Stecoah gap. 828-479-3677. Good folks.

Easyhiker
12-09-2002, 17:06
Rock you might want to move this to the Here to There Forum.

MedicineMan
12-09-2002, 23:18
I will call Jeff and Nancy tomorow...excellent idea, had forgotten about them until you mentioned it.