PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Ctr. resupply

mark schofield
08-19-2011, 09:22
Between the EMS and PriceChopper in Manchester Center, can I do a food and canister resupply. Mountian House, Cliff Bars, instant oatmeal, oz MSR or SnowPeak fuel canister. I was there about 3 years ago going north and had enough stuff for Rt. 4 so I didn't do too much shopping around. TIA, Mark S

4eyedbuzzard
08-19-2011, 09:40
Should be fine. EMS is open 10 - 6 every day I think. There's also the Mountain Goat (outfitter) on Main St. http://mountaingoat.com/ Price Chopper should be 7 - 11. Lots of restaurants and such as well to pick up a good town meal and hitching a ride is usually pretty easy.

Jeff
08-19-2011, 09:40
No problems with your shopping list. We also have another outfitter, The Mountain Goat about one block west of EMS.

-SEEKER-
08-19-2011, 11:30
Just did that section this year. Great area for re-supply. Should find anything you need in town and all within walking distance.

10-K
08-19-2011, 11:43
There is a natural food store that is awesome - the folks who run it are about the nicest people I've met anywhere on the trail. Be sure to get a donut at the donut shop too..

Breakfast at "Up for Breakfast" and I forget the name of the Italian/Pizza place right near there but it's great too.

Nobody loves Manchester Center more than me... I stayed an extra day and felt like crying when I left. :)