PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a ride from Asheville, NC to Allen Gap.

HikingJosh
08-20-2011, 22:47
Well, this trip has been a long time coming and I知 happy to say that I知 in the final stages of planning my first hike on the Appalachian Trail. Everyone has been so friendly on this forum and I致e found a lot of vital information searching through past posts that has given me the strength and confidence to attempt this journey.

Now, I知 here again to ask for help. I will be hiking on this trip with my father. Our trip will begin Wednesday, September 7th at Allen Gap. We will be staying in downtown Asheville. We would both be very grateful to anyone who is willing to provide us transportation from downtown Asheville to Allen Gap. If you are interested, please contact me via PM so we can discuss compensation and other details.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Josh

Winterstar1
08-20-2011, 23:49
Josh,

I run a Guide Service with Shuttle from Gatlinburg and serving Asheville. I can get you from Asheville to Allen Gap for $85. Shop around. Thanks, Gary.

Well, this trip has been a long time coming and I知 happy to say that I知 in the final stages of planning my first hike on the Appalachian Trail. Everyone has been so friendly on this forum and I致e found a lot of vital information searching through past posts that has given me the strength and confidence to attempt this journey.

Now, I知 here again to ask for help. I will be hiking on this trip with my father. Our trip will begin Wednesday, September 7th at Allen Gap. We will be staying in downtown Asheville. We would both be very grateful to anyone who is willing to provide us transportation from downtown Asheville to Allen Gap. If you are interested, please contact me via PM so we can discuss compensation and other details.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Josh

HikingJosh
08-22-2011, 12:51
Thanks everyone for your interest. I've coordinated my ride to the trail and couldn't be happier. Thanks again for all the offers.