PDA

View Full Version : Salomon XD Pro 3D Ultra

mark schofield
08-26-2011, 06:36
Has anyone experienced the failure of the first loop on the lacing system. The one that guides the lace from over the toe. On my pair about 1.5 years old 400 miles one loop frayed and broke and on the other shoe the same loop is about to go. For me the shoe is perfect. Comfortable and wearing well. What a bummer. I'll see what REI can do. Thanks, Mark S

Toli
08-26-2011, 07:19
Has anyone experienced the failure of the first loop on the lacing system. The one that guides the lace from over the toe. On my pair about 1.5 years old 400 miles one loop frayed and broke and on the other shoe the same loop is about to go. For me the shoe is perfect. Comfortable and wearing well. What a bummer. I'll see what REI can do. Thanks, Mark S

Its happened to me on my GTX, XT's, XA's... Even my Amphib's... But I put lots of miles on them and pull the laces MANY times a day... All shoes are prone to broken laces... My Vasques "eat" laces for lunch... Check out the link... Its very easy to replace them...
http://www.rei.com/search?query=salomon+laces

mark schofield
08-26-2011, 07:31
It's not the lace that broke, which can be replaced. It's the loop thru which the lace goes. The loop is sewn into the leather upper on the shoe. Like if the eye of a shoe broke.

Toli
08-26-2011, 08:12
It's not the lace that broke, which can be replaced. It's the loop thru which the lace goes. The loop is sewn into the leather upper on the shoe. Like if the eye of a shoe broke.

My bad... I thought you meant the laces... Which I've seen/experienced before... But never the loop the laces go thru... I've been wearing Salomons since 2007, 15K easy on them and thats a first for me... REI is good about backing what they sell tho...

mark schofield
08-26-2011, 16:13
went up to the local REI today. They gave me a really nice prorated refund on the shoes so I applied it towards a similar pair. The XD Pro 3D Ultra 2. The lacing loops are beefed up and anywhere that the laces slide now have the plastic tracks that were missing on the first loops of the older pair. Feels just the same as the old ones. Tread is a bit different. Toe box is still the same. Wish everything was this easy.

Highstepper
08-26-2011, 20:38
I had the first loop fail on mine about a month ago. The shoes were 10 months old. I contacted Salomon customer service about a possible repair. They sent me a new pair within a week, no questions ask. They have great customer service.