PDA

View Full Version : hiking mystery

XCskiNYC
08-26-2011, 21:08
NBC is having the story right now of a female college age student who disappeared on the AT in the area of Blood Mtn

4thandgoal
08-26-2011, 21:21
***? is this a banner year for at trouble or what?

4thandgoal
08-26-2011, 21:31
ahh. the old case. very sad

Jim Adams
08-26-2011, 23:58
Merideth..........

Trailweaver
08-27-2011, 00:16
I watched it. . . there was new information (that I hadn't heard, anyway) about her killer. He was convicted for the case he was tried for in Florida (after the Meredith Emerson case) and got the death penalty. He may be facing a trial in NC for the homicides of a couple there, and he's a suspect in at least two other cases as well.

The good news is that he is on death row, and however long it takes to run it's course (which is too long, admitedly), he's still being kept in isolation in a very small cell with one hour a day for "exercise" and that's a miserable situation to be in for a miserable excuse of a human being.

Country Roads
08-28-2011, 20:09
What names did this dude use? Several of us shared the Low Gap shelter in april 2006 with a guy that was not a hiker. Said his name was Richard. Sure makes your skin crawl.

speedbump
08-28-2011, 21:26
Has anyone heard any new news on the 2 recent deaths, one in Maine and Stonewall ? I can't seem to find any new info. Just that they are both " unexplained " How can 2 deaths have no known cause? This makes no sense. I work in the medical field, is there something that the authorities don't want the public to know ???

rickb
08-31-2011, 20:20
Has anyone heard any new news on the 2 recent deaths, one in Maine and Stonewall ? I can't seem to find any new info. Just that they are both " unexplained " How can 2 deaths have no known cause? This makes no sense. I work in the medical field, is there something that the authorities don't want the public to know ???

The only official statement regarding the discovery of Stonewall's body didn't use the word "unexplained". Rather the FBI release said that the "circumstances of his death are suspicious".

His body was discovered on the 12th and the statement came out on the 19th. I don't believe anything has been reported since that might reassure the public. Its now the 31st.

The FBI did say that "it is important for the public to be aware that no information has been developed by these agencies that would lead the investigators to believe other hikers would be targeted".

Sir-Packs-Alot
09-01-2011, 19:09
The body of the hiker was recently discovered in a shallow grave. The ATC headquarters are looking for some hikers who may have been in that area from July 26 on into August. I gathered this info from Bob peoples at Kincorra. Here are some names of some hikers of interest "Pork Chicken, Mr Coffee or Puddles, Scribbles, Swani R, Combat Gizzmo, and Space Cadet." If you know these folk or run into them have them contact the ATC immediately or contact them yourselves and let them know.