PDA

View Full Version : hitting the trail

grizzlyadam
02-14-2005, 14:38
well, folks. my pack is packed and i'm ready to hit the trail. tomorrow i will begin my walk across north carolina on the mountains to sea trail.

it begins on clingmans dome in the smokies and winds roughly 950 miles to jockeys ridge on the outerbanks. the MST shares the same footbed as the AT for the first 3.5 miles before splitting off towards cherokee and the southern end of the blue ridge parkway.

feel free to follow the adventure- here (www.trailjournals.com/grizzlyadam05)

MOWGLI
02-14-2005, 15:20
well, folks. my pack is packed and i'm ready to hit the trail. tomorrow i will begin my walk across north carolina on the mountains to sea trail.

it begins on clingmans dome in the smokies and winds roughly 950 miles to jockeys ridge on the outerbanks. the MST shares the same footbed as the AT for the first 3.5 miles before splitting off towards cherokee and the southern end of the blue ridge parkway.

feel free to follow the adventure- here (www.trailjournals.com/grizzlyadam05)

Have a good time. The folks at the Friends of the Mountains to Sea Trail are real good folks. http://www.ncmst.org/

Have a great hike!

Newb
02-14-2005, 17:50
Would "hitting the trail" constitute an abuse of nature? I mean, walking on trails does them enough damage, but must you be violent?:D

Kerosene
02-14-2005, 18:05
Have a great hike, grizz!

chris
02-14-2005, 18:17
Best of luck. I'm jealous, as I've only just broken the 4 month mark till my summer starts. From what I've read, the MST should be a lot of fun.