PDA

View Full Version : Spam

Lyle
08-28-2011, 11:29
I don't find the spam itself a problem, that will happen. What seems to be the bigger problem is that this has been going on for most of the night and all morning, and no administrators have even acknowledged it. They seem to be totally unaware. Not good. Are they all being affected by Irene?

RITBlake
08-28-2011, 11:44
Yes, ever occur to you that some mods might be without power? Or that they are busy on MUCH more important fronts?

Alligator
08-28-2011, 11:53
It's Sunday and I have been a bit more concerned about our family and friends that have been in the path of Irene.

4eyedbuzzard
08-28-2011, 11:57
Yes, ever occur to you that some mods might be without power? Or that they are busy on MUCH more important fronts?
Do you mean to suggest that there could be possibly be anything more important (like a hurricane, power outage, family, or even sleeping) than moderating (for no compensation) a hiking dicussion board? :D

Ladytrekker
08-28-2011, 13:05
The point is it is back to normal. Awwwww. WB is my mail line to sanity I find the real world nuts this is my norm. Glad it that easy to fix. Googled their names they have attacked hundreds of forum all over the world crazy huh. Who has the time!

atraildreamer
08-28-2011, 18:26
The point is it is back to normal. Awwwww. WB is my mail line to sanity I find the real world nuts this is my norm. Glad it that easy to fix. Googled their names they have attacked hundreds of forum all over the world crazy huh. Who has the time!

"Normal" and "sanity" are two words that I would never associate with WB!:eek:

"Nuts" describes me, and many others here at the 'Blaze! :D:banana

darkage
08-28-2011, 19:12
"Normal" and "sanity" are two words that I would never associate with WB!:eek:

"Nuts" describes me, and many others here at the 'Blaze! :D:banana

Yup, and i wouldn't have it any other way ... its what makes whiteblaze, well .. whiteblaze ... best people around.

Blissful
08-28-2011, 20:10
I like Spam sandwiches... :) Esp fried with some cheddar cheese. :)

Anyway, thanks moderators for everything.

aaronthebugbuffet
08-28-2011, 20:17
Another thread about this?

Mags
08-28-2011, 23:37
Do you mean to suggest that there could be possibly be anything more important (like a hurricane, power outage, family, or even sleeping) than moderating (for no compensation) a hiking dicussion board? :D

Crazy talk! :D

On most weekends, I am out hiking.

Radical thought I know.

Last weekend I was on Grand Teton.

This weekend I was on the Continental Divide outside of Winter Park.

Next weekend I was will be in the Latir Peak Wilderness of New Mexico.

Maybe I should give up being outside and just moderate spammers. ;)

Marta
08-29-2011, 05:23
I don't know what forums the spam was appearing in, but I didn't get a single email reporting spam posts in any of the forums I moderate. If spam is bothering you, the first step is to report the post by hitting the little icon at the bottom of the post. Another approach is simply not to open threads that have suspicious titles, such as We Buy Gold.

atraildreamer
09-12-2011, 12:21
I like Spam sandwiches... :) Esp fried with some cheddar cheese. :)

Anyway, thanks moderators for everything.

Don't forget the catsup and/or hot sauce!

Doughnut
09-12-2011, 12:25
I love those single serve SPAM pieces with Ramen Noodles, YUMMY !!!

tiptoe
09-12-2011, 12:52
Just report spam if you see it, as Marta suggests, and move on. Anyone who works on websites, as I do, deals with spam. It's really unfair to expect 24/7 immediate clean-up. Cut the WB moderators some slack, please. On a 1 to 10 scale of what's wrong in the world, spam doesn't even register.