PDA

View Full Version : Forum Subscriptions

squidlyman
02-18-2005, 09:26
What is the netiquette in subscribing somebody else to a particular thread? In the last day, this has happened twice to me (by the same individual)... to forums I really wasn't interested in following.

I realize that this may be just a courtesy on this person's part, and there is a link in the email that allows for easy unsubscribing... I was just curious.

dixicritter
02-18-2005, 09:44
I could be wrong but I don't believe it is possible to subscribe someone else to a thread. Check your settings under UserCP/Edit Options. Be sure that the pull down menu under the heading "Default Thread Subscription Mode" is set to "Do Not Subscribe".

If someone has figured out a way to subscribe you to threads without your permission then you should PM either ATTroll or SGT Rock with that users id.

Hope this helps you. :)

squidlyman
02-19-2005, 09:15
I could be wrong but I don't believe it is possible to subscribe someone else to a thread. Check your settings under UserCP/Edit Options. Be sure that the pull down menu under the heading "Default Thread Subscription Mode" is set to "Do Not Subscribe".

If someone has figured out a way to subscribe you to threads without your permission then you should PM either ATTroll or SGT Rock with that users id.

Hope this helps you. :)
I didn't think somebody could either. I'll dig out the emails... but yes indeed, somebody did. I won't name names publicly, but will contact Rock and ATTroll about it. Thanks.
-Andy

attroll
02-19-2005, 12:58
squidlyman

I don't see where anyone can subscribe you to a thread. There is not option for it. It could be that you have already subscribe to this thread in the past and have not unsubscribed to this thread yet. You may need to go to this link and remove you subscriptions. This is just an idea.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/subscription.php?