PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know water situation Indian Grave Gap to 19E

deadhorsejoe
08-28-2011, 22:27
My son and I are planning a hike for the later part of this week (August 28 - ). We are starting at Indian Grave Gap (shuttle from Mountain Harbour) and hiking back to Mountain Harbour. Does anyone know what the water situation is like up there this year. Thanks in advance for any help that you might be able to give.

Hikerhead
08-28-2011, 23:25
Why not ask Mountain Harbour?

Tennessee Viking
08-29-2011, 08:41
Usually that section you can find some water during the warmer months. North of Watauga Lake is usually drier. The Roan garden facilities and fountains are back open.

But check with Mountain Squid on here, or Bob at Kincora Hostel. They are both usually out on the trail doing maintenance. Possibly 10-K on here as well.

deadhorsejoe
08-29-2011, 16:04
Thanks guys for your responses. I will email Squid and 10-K also.

Creek Dancer
08-30-2011, 09:46
We will be hiking from Carver's Gap to Kincora this weekend. Any update on the water conditions?

mountain squid
08-31-2011, 16:14
It is getting dry. Some students did some trail maint with us yesterday after their hike from Iron Mt Gap NOBO to 19E. They survived alright but mentioned that everything is getting low. Probably need a filter or something to dip with. Definitely camel up when you get to a source.

See you on the trail,
mt squid

how to hike (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?73587-how-to-hike)