PDA

View Full Version : Gear 66?

Ladytrekker
08-31-2011, 11:54
Anyone have any association with Gear 66 @ www.gear66.com (http://www.gear66.com). I was approached by them if I would be interested in a rewards program for my hiking group and some sponsorship offers.

I have never heard of them and they have some kind of membership program. Thought I would reach out here and see what they are all about.

Thanks.

4eyedbuzzard
08-31-2011, 12:06
They are similar to theclymb.com and other network marketing. You invite people and get merchandise credits for referrals if they buy something. Sometimes you can get really good deals (I got a Golite VO24 daypack last year for $30), but often the best stuff is sold out quickly or is odd sizes/colors. Generally the shipping is comparatively expensive and often slower, as they tend to be liquidators for manufacturer's discontinued models and/or for inventory reduction, and they don't ship until they have the entire sale order filled. Another caveat is that when you publicly invite people (like here on WB) you should disclose that you get a referral credit just to be transparent about the whole thing.

4eyedbuzzard
08-31-2011, 12:10
Oh, and one more VERY important thing about almost all of these deals - you only get "store credit" for returns and almost always there are NO EXCHANGES for different size, etc, and NO REFUND! Read their FAQ's and policies carefully.