PDA

View Full Version : Lawson Hammocks Better For Bad Backs?

napster
02-21-2005, 00:40
Has anyone input on the Lawson Hammocks? They appear to have less curve and are acually called the hammock tent/bivy on their web site or just what is the MOST flat sleeping hammock anyone has ever tried?

SGT Rock
02-21-2005, 00:43
The Hennessy, although I never tried a Lawson. I have tried a Crazy Creek Crib LEX,a cClark, and a few models of the Hennessy. I was not interested in the Lawson because it looks to over built for a hammock, and it weighs more than some one man tents.

peter_pan
02-21-2005, 08:52
For comfort, Larger Hennessys, the Explorer or Extreme UL Racer are more comfortable ( flatter) than Backpacker or Expedition . Byer Amazonia and Mosikito are about as comfortable, but more hassle because of the cords. The M1965 issue Jungle Hammock is seemingly flatter, it is less comfortable because you lay on the axis and it is not wide enough to allow diagonal lay. It also has string hassle and is the most prone to tipping of these 5 models.

That said, I am 5-11 and have a bad back from compressed vertibre ( H S trampoline injury) but all of the above hammocks have been a great sleep...Sooooo much better than the ground :) . This is my comfort comparision, since you asked.

Enjoy the Hanging.

orangebug
02-21-2005, 11:54
Remember that you sleep diagonally in a hammock, not with the curve. I've had no problems with my back when using the hammock - HH or Speer's.