PDA

View Full Version : Crushed disks between C 3-4-5-6, L4-5-S-1, Bursitus, Tendenosis, Torn Miniscus

keepinitsimple
09-02-2011, 10:13
I can't even spell half of the stuff that pains me. I might make a rap song out of it .

I think I will have for sure completed an MRI of my entire body before I finish section hiking the AT.

But you know what? I am gonna keep on Keepin on. I get about 10 days on the trail a year and maybe 75 % of that is solo ( my preference). I hike between the flair ups, cortisone shots, and appointments.

Having these issues, 3 young kids, 2 jobs, and 1 wife make scheduling hikes difficult. So when I am up there it means a lot. I take time to smell the Sasafrass- no matter what. I stop at vistas- no matter what. I sit alone in the woods for asl long as I need to.

Don't know why I am posting this. Have been thinking about my situation for a while- and I have nothing but grattitude. I eat well, stretch, visit dr's, pray to God, be nice to those around me, and live a clean life.

And one of the gifts in return is hiking.

Happy trails yall!

SawnieRobertson
09-02-2011, 20:56
Nice. Thought provoking.

Kinnickinic

4eyedbuzzard
09-02-2011, 21:09
I sympathize. I've had HNP's at L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1 - plus a "tweaked" knee recently. Some days my back hurts. Actually, most days it hurts a bit. Some days it hurts a lot. Surgery might relieve some of the pain, but there are risks of complication from that as well, and structurally it won't improve the amount of stress (as in lifting capacity) the spine will take. LESI's have helped during the acute stages of the injuries. Lightening up gear wise has helped a lot with hiking. I try to keep it under 20 lbs with food and water. Good enough for 3 days/nights usually. Given the 3 injuries, I'm pretty grateful that I can hike.