PDA

View Full Version : REI Kimtah eVent parka 30% 0ff!

300winmag
09-04-2011, 21:42
I just go an REI Kimtah eVent parka last week for $159. which puts it on par with many GTX PacLite parkas for price.

If you're planning, as I am, on wearing a light down jacket under your parka then get one size larger to avoid binding in the sleeves.

After using the Kimtah this winter for backcoutry skiing I'll know if I need to have pit zips installed. Waterproof zips seem the way to go.

MaybeTomorrow
02-06-2012, 10:20
Why would one select eVent over Driducks?

aaronthebugbuffet
02-06-2012, 10:33
You actually touch the eVent without poking a hole in it. :p

Tinker
02-06-2012, 13:28
Why would one select eVent over Driducks?

That's almost like asking why one should not use polypropylene rope for climbing. :)

Aaron has it right. Driducks aren't terribly durable. Users must exercise care (if not caution) in brushy areas to minimize tearing of the fabric.

Otoh, by the time you need to clean your eVent garment, it will probably be time to replace your Driducks. In the long run you will save money (at the risk of being S.O.L. in the rain/sleet/snow) with torn Driducks - a tradeoff.

Btw: I've used them both, and since the eVent is still in one piece I continue to use it after washing it for the first time a month ago (it's 2 yrs. old).

MaybeTomorrow
02-07-2012, 14:22
Mine dont have any damage yet but they sure feel like paper. They are so much more comfortable than those plastic feeling jackets though. I can wear them and nothing else and be trucken.