PDA

View Full Version : Bull Creek

elvisandedgar
09-05-2011, 12:42
We hiked from Mitzell ford down almost to Yoke Branch last night. This has to be one of the best hikes in the area. It has a very remote feel to it. I saw my first gator actually using the Florida Trail. He was laying on the left side and jumped and ran down the trail and across and jumped in the water on the other side.About 5 minutes later we hit water that was knee deep for about a mile or more. At one point it was waist deep. We planned on going all the way to 192 but bad weather and darkness changed that. We also saw numerous hogs they have tore up a good bit of the area. Overall a very good time we have about 4 miles left to hike in Bull Creek and it is done.1378113782

WingedMonkey
09-05-2011, 13:10
Know where you are talking about. My first time through there the water got up to my arm pits, I backed out and did the loop around it. The next time it as only knee deep. Slows you down but it's a great view of what it's supposed to be.

If you have hiked Tosohatchee State Preserve yet, it's north of there and close to where you live. Great hiking and primative camping.