PDA

View Full Version : Friends of Bill W. Along the Trail

nathan2
09-05-2011, 17:02
I will be looking to make meetings as frequently as possible while thru-hiking next year. Know of any or any resources or people you could point me to? Feel free to send me a private message.

Jeff
09-05-2011, 17:48
Bill W. is buried in East Dorset, VT about 5 miles north of Manchester Center.

DapperD
09-05-2011, 19:04
I will be looking to make meetings as frequently as possible while thru-hiking next year. Know of any or any resources or people you could point me to? Feel free to send me a private message.There was a previous thread that was on Whiteblaze regarding the 12 Step Programs that might provide you some ideas:http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?47221-12-Steps

Sugarfoot
09-06-2011, 07:18
St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Vernon, NJ, which operates an excellent hostel in the undercroft, sponsors regular AA meetings. The room used as a hostel divides and we were asked to keep quiet, or to attend. I'm sure you would be welcome there.

q-tip
09-06-2011, 17:07
I did the southern half last Aug-Nov. I found only a few meetings as most of the towns did not have any. I did make my contacts via phone at every town stop, and checked the library or shops for internet access. I didn't feel too far away, but it took me 900 miles to come to understand I was doing the trip on my own, not too many NBs in the fall. Good luck.