PDA

View Full Version : 100 Mile Wilderness food help

Nick Wilson
09-05-2011, 22:34
I'll be hiking the 100 Mile Wilderness next month and just wondered if you guys had any suggestions for meals and snacks. I'll be carrying 10 days of food. Thanks for the help.

4eyedbuzzard
09-05-2011, 22:54
Carry 5 days of food and resupply at Jo Mary Road. Per last years Companion, contact (in advance) Kathy Preble 207-965-8464 or [email protected] to find out if she is still doing shuttles and food drops. Beats carrying all that food.

Nick Wilson
09-06-2011, 08:44
Thanks buzzard. Thats great.

kreate
09-06-2011, 22:01
Go for White house landing, its very nice and so is the guy who runs it they had a tons of stuff on their resupply cabinet (as much stuff any hiker could want) Jo mary is 9 miles off trail and when I was out on the hundred this summer a guy who planned on resupplying there had some issues and ended up not being able to get the food he had planned on getting for the rest of the hundred. Just call ahead to make sure they are still there (at white house) for the season (they go to florida to run fishing charters for the winter)
-kreate

Blissful
09-06-2011, 22:54
White House Landing (http://www.whitehouselanding.com/) for resupply

TJ aka Teej
09-06-2011, 23:59
Jo mary is 9 miles off trail

Jo Mary Road crosses the AT. It's the campground that's a hike/hitch. Shaw's, Buddy, or Boarstone will do food drops right at the road crossing.

PaperCrane
09-07-2011, 18:41
looks like no one really answered the question. a staple in my pack is wasa brand crackers. they are very hearty and dont ever go stale. they are perfect for lunch with some tuna salad smeared on top of them. they also go well with some beef stew, chili, or sloppy joe for dinner.

Chaco Taco
09-08-2011, 07:46
Enertia Meals are awesome if you arent making your own food. Pita Bread with Flax is good with the individual Justins Peanut Butter packs are awesome for good energy boost. We had some bagels that we compressed down and took cheese and summer sausage in with us. It was cool enough that the cheese lasted a couple of days.

Spokes
09-08-2011, 07:48
1+ on 5 days of food and a stop at White House Landing.