PDA

View Full Version : Toe Shoes/Camp Shoes.

B-Rabbit
09-07-2011, 12:32
I was wondering if anyone has tried the toe shoes such as the five fingers for water crossings and/or camp shoes. Do people usually bring shoes to water cross and a different pair to camp in? If not what do you do when its cold and your camp shoes are soaked?

Spokes
09-07-2011, 12:56
I just used my Crocs for stream crossings. Attached a strip of velcro around the heel strap then ran it over the top of my ankle to keep then from being ripped off in a swift current. Worked great plus I find them warm in camp.

Cheers!

ljcsov
09-07-2011, 12:57
I have hiked in the Vibram Sprints. They are a lot of fun for short hikes. However, the thin soled vibrams (classic/sprint/ksos) can be brutal on the feet when you are trekking across a rocky path. Nonetheless, it is doable.

I actually waiting on my Vibram TrekSports to come. They have a thicker sole and I hope they'll be adequate for hiking over rocks.

Your question is whether or not they are good for water crossing and as camp shoes.

They would be awesome for this purpose. You would most likely only need one pair since they dry extremely quickly. Perhaps you would want to think about waterproofing them also.