PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic Testing Meter

doritotex
09-08-2011, 06:54
I day hiked from Spivey Gap to Erwin yesterday and stopped for a break around 1:30 at the No Business shelter and found a One Step glucose testing meter. I took it to Johnny's, no one had come looking for it yet, so he put it in the lost and found.

4eyedbuzzard
09-08-2011, 10:16
Well, the good thing is whoever left it can get another one at pretty much any drugstore.

doritotex
09-08-2011, 11:05
Well, yeah anything can be replaced...I left my glasses at Groundhog Creek Shelter a couple months ago, I didn't realize it until I was 3 miles up the trail, I was hoping that someone would find them and take them to the Hot Springs Outfitters or Standing Bear. I called both places and I checked WB to see if they were found...just a common courtesy, I guess!

WingedMonkey
09-08-2011, 11:40
Well, yeah anything can be replaced...I left my glasses at Groundhog Creek Shelter a couple months ago, I didn't realize it until I was 3 miles up the trail, I was hoping that someone would find them and take them to the Hot Springs Outfitters or Standing Bear. I called both places and I checked WB to see if they were found...just a common courtesy, I guess!

Something like glasses or personal items it's hard to decide what to do. Do you carry them to a hostel or outfitter hoping the person who lost them will check there? I mean how do I know if they are north or south bound?
I will usually leave them at a shelter if that's where or near where I find them, thinking the owner will return to the last spot they remember them. I also leave notes in registers I pass as to where I found and left them.