PDA

View Full Version : TREK Documentary DVD

Smile
02-22-2005, 06:14
out of all the doc's on the AT, I found Trek to be the most satisfying with regards to character developement, felt like you really knew these guys when you were done. Anybody else have any comments on this DVD? ;)

Bjorkin
02-24-2005, 14:16
As someone who will be attempting a thru-hike within the next few years, I loved it! Of course, I would probably love anything on my favorite topic.

Besides watching people "actually doing it" and beautiful scenery, I liked the introspective moments the best. There were a few moments when the main hikers had what were obvious life-altering moments and it's a thrill to see that. The depth of personal thought is what I enjoyed the most.

petmac
04-11-2005, 22:11
TREK is an amazing display of a group of well-meshed friends that all believe in the same drive to finish their goal. I am leaving for my SOBO True-hike on June-5<sup>th</sup> 05, and I will say nothing less then, I have learned a colossal amount from this Doc. I had no idea of the social camaraderie that the trail has. Also the guys go through a bunch of on trail,and off trail related problems and dilemmas, things that i would have not mentaly prepared myself for.

ArkVol
04-11-2005, 22:59
Anyone want to swap the DVD for a few good books on thru hiking i have just to borrow? PM me please.
Thanks
David

Smile
04-11-2005, 23:49
you should check with them! Their website is www.cirquevideo.com I believe. I can double check, they also did an amazing bike trip cross country and there is a trailer up there for that one too...it looks awesome and made me dust off the old mtn bike ;-)

Just Jeff
04-12-2005, 07:33
Just bought Trek, 2000 Miles to Maine, Monkey Wrench Gang, and Walking with Spring on Amazon.

Trek ships in 2-3 weeks from Amazon, but I found one of their used vendors that will ship on the 14th.

petmac
04-21-2005, 22:02
Monkey Wrench Gang is great, any Edward Abby is great, i'm on my fourth EA book and am not planing on reading anything esle soon.

newhampshire camper
05-21-2005, 08:56
I just bought TREK and it was a great film, and very inspirational....it makes you want to strap your pack on and take off for The Trail!!!