PDA

View Full Version : Pat and Vickey at the Doyle Need Your Help

One
09-09-2011, 10:53
Just got off the phone with Vickey a few minutes ago to check about the flooding situation and see if they needed some help getting things back in order. Since most everything (including the bar) was moved off the first floor, she stated that help would be appreciated tomorrow to clean and put things back.

If you are able to help tomorrow Saturday 09-10-11 starting around 11 am please call Vickey at 717-834-6789.

She stated that Sayway, Link & Ebarb were instrumental in helping get things moved and prepped for the rising waters. Kudos!

Some general information regarding the Duncannon Area Flooding is listed in this thread:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?76870-Thinking-about-our-friends-in-Duncannon-PA&highlight=Doyle
Including this info and pics:

1381413815 Taken earlier tonight. They are expecting close to three more feet of water, though the latest projections show a possibility the river could crest sooner, and a little lower, than expected.

Pat and Vicky got everything off the first floor that could be moved. At the time of these photos, even though water was up on the doors a little, it was still dry inside on the first floor. Doubtful the doors are that well sealed that they will keep it dry as it gets higher.

Two or three SOBOS there. They are pretty much stuck in town unless they want to take a pretty long road walk. The creek as you enter downtown from the south is flooded and so is the "subway" and the bridge heading out of town to the north.

PLEASE HELP... I have visited the Doyle a few times and each time Pat and Vickey have been great! It is a very well known stop along the AT and they have helped out many hikers, many times. It is time to give back.

No experience needed. Strong back and weak minds preferred. ;)
FYI - It may take some creative driving to get there if the bridge in is still closed.
You can call Vickey for details if planning on helping.

Thanks! :)
See you tomorrow at the Doyle.

(Moderators: If you feel this should be in the 'General' Forum Section, Feel Free to Move.)

One
09-09-2011, 11:19
(Pictures from above Quote - Hoop Time)

Note:
FYI - It is my understanding that the Doyle is currently Closed and Needs Inspections Prior to Reopening.
Please do Not Plan on Staying/Eating/Drinking during Clean Up. When you talk to Vickey prior to attending, you may inquire on the current status and options.

Thanks!

Sly
09-09-2011, 11:31
Does this mean the flooding is over and the waters have rescinded?

One
09-09-2011, 11:54
Vickey Stated that it was receding, but there was still water in the street.
I live about 2 hours from there, so I do not currently have a first hand account or pictures. Sorry.
Possibly a member from the Duncannon area will provide more current info.

So Way
09-09-2011, 16:13
Yes the water is recedin..vicky and pat are super cool people and im sure anyone who shows up wont die of thirst and others around town have been bringing by food for everyone...even being in the middle of a flood this has bEen one of my favorite stops along the trail...wish i could stay longer but i must move on...

One
09-10-2011, 07:59
Yes the water is recedin..vicky and pat are super cool people and im sure anyone who shows up wont die of thirst and others around town have been bringing by food for everyone...even being in the middle of a flood this has bEen one of my favorite stops along the trail...wish i could stay longer but i must move on...
Thanks for the info! And sorry I misunderstood and previously gave kudos to 'Sayway' instead of So Way :o

Headed out to the Doyle now...

LisaJ5227
09-10-2011, 08:31
Just tried to call. Do you still need help I am about 10 hrs away have a wrangler and could bring in supplies if needed my number is 812-345-3991

LisaJ5227
09-10-2011, 08:52
Just talked to Vickey things are ok for now they did not get the anticipated flooding that was forecasted but, if you are in the area they could probably use the help in getting the bar back downstairs and a little cleanup of the floors.

Sly
09-10-2011, 12:14
Awesome. It would have been a shame if there was too much damage and they had to close. Hopefully the other businesses in town fared as well.