PDA

View Full Version : Warbonnet 3 Season Insulation System

Raul Perez
09-10-2011, 14:27
Yep the Water Monkey is at it again:

http://watermonkey.net/2011/09/10/warbonnet-outdoors-3-season-insulation-system/

For ya'lls readin pleasure.

Stay Gangsta my friends,

Raul
(Water Monkey)

dla
09-10-2011, 14:44
The only downside I will point out is that Warbonnet stuff is sized for midgets. The Yeti is the smallest underquilt. The Black Mamba is minimally sized and is really hammock-only as there isn't much drape if you use it on the ground.

As you know, there are a number of cottage industry quilt makers. Some cater to full-size people. Warbonnet doesn't.

Since the primary advantage of a hammock is sleep comfort, it doesn't make much sense to save a few ounces yet freeze your butt off at night.

Raul Perez
09-10-2011, 15:36
Sized for midgets??? I believe Brandon is 6 feet tall if not taller and he uses his products in the Colorado winters. Not sure how the midget comment is warranted. The yeti is designed for a minimalist coverage and a pad is required for the feet/legs. Brandon also (albeit during 2011) included a larger width top quilt in his line up.But I will agree his system is designed specifically for hammocks. Therefore using the Mamba top quilt on the ground may pose a problem.