PDA

View Full Version : Boots

Hiking for vets
09-12-2011, 14:42
Has anyone ever hiked with Zamberlan boots? If so what has been your experience?

Blissful
09-12-2011, 18:25
I can say trail runners that fit your foot type work great for me on the AT. I once used Salomon boots and had issues halfway through.

Hiking for vets
09-12-2011, 18:35
My concern is early march when snow is very possible and keeping my feet warm and dry. Have any suggestions?

4shot
09-12-2011, 20:39
I cannot help you with the Zamberlan's but I am in the minority who wore/prefer boots. Went through 4 pairs, each made by a different company, and absolutely loved my Asolo boots By far the best for me. But everyone is different in regards to footwear.

SassyWindsor
09-12-2011, 21:23
The all-leather Italian made are excellent. I would steer clear of all boots made in China.

Ironbelly
09-13-2011, 07:52
I use the Zamberlan Trekker RR boots and have had them for several years now. These boots are by far my favorite boots for backpacking. I wear them anytime I am not planning to be snowshoeing. They are extremely well made, comfortable, and the price isn't too bad either. For me, I am sold on zamberlans and will never use a different brand of boot. That's how well i like them. They take microspikes/ other traction aids well also. I treat mine reguarly(1-2 times a year) with obenaufs LP to maintain the leather and to ensure waterproofness.

Hiking for vets
09-13-2011, 18:13
Thank you for your comments. I am breaking in my zamberlans now. They say it takes 3-6 months!

Texico
09-14-2011, 08:49
I have the Zamberlan Vioz GT's. They didn't take 3-6 months to break in, but they did take a good 100-120 trail miles. They are the second most comfortable pair of boots I've ever worn, but my most comfortable boots are sadly no longer made. I use my Zamberlans for deep winter hiking only, now. I wear Chaco sandals or trail runners for hiking in all other seasons because my feet over heat easily.

-Ghost-
09-14-2011, 21:10
I think I am also in the minority that likes/prefers boots. I hiked the majority of the trail in trail runners though...haha. LOVED going back to my boots in Maine. I have the Salomon Quest 4D GTX boots, put right around 900 miles on them on the trail. No issues whatsoever. Amazing boots.