PDA

View Full Version : Marmot Bags

Sierra Echo
09-13-2011, 21:50
Would you recommend them? I'm currently looking at this bag:

http://www.backcountry.com/marmot-axiom-25-sleeping-bag-25-degree-synthetic

wornoutboots
09-14-2011, 00:38
I carry a 15 degree down Aspen & I love it!!

Doc Mike
09-14-2011, 08:00
I have he marmot hydrogen 30 and it is great. More money but over a pound lighter than the axiom your looking at. WM has some lighter synthetic bags that pack nice and small, my son has a 25 degree WM bag that is under 2 pounds i believe.

STICK
09-14-2011, 21:02
I don't know about that particular one, but I love my Marmot Helium (http://sticksblog.com/gear/my-current-gear/sleeping-bags/marmot-helium/)!

LDog
09-14-2011, 23:31
I too love my Marmot Helium. Mary loved her women's version till she spent an uncomfortable night when the mercury dropped to 21. That's when I found out there is a difference between men and women. The folks who developed the EN ratings already knew that, and they would have told me, had I been paying attention, that the women's version of the Marmot Helium which clearly and boldly says is a 15 degree bag, was really comfort rated to 19 for women. (Mary's a cold sleeper)

I looked at their site, and the Axiom is rated to 37.9 deg F for a woman to have a comfortable night's sleep. Course, you can layer up to extend a bag, but I'm not sure that one would want to use this bag for a March nobo start.

http://marmot.com/products/axiom_25?p=117,141&ft=141

I applaud Marmot for doing the En testing, and for publishing the results. When I asked another manufacturer how they felt their bag would work for Mary, they just told me they didn't do that kind of testing, couldn't advise me, and referred me to Marmot!

tat44too
09-14-2011, 23:35
Love my Helium MemBrain and Couloir...

wcgornto
09-14-2011, 23:36
I love my Hydrogen and Pinnacle bags.

garlic08
09-15-2011, 00:16
My Marmot Helium is absolutely excellent. It has over 6000 trail miles on it since 2007 and still going strong.

Espero
09-15-2011, 00:27
I don't know about the bags, but I can recommend the people. I have an Arroyo 30 degree bag and when I was on a trip in the Sierras I felt the bag was not as warm as it was rated. When I got back from my trip I called Marmot and they asked me to send the bag to them. I did and when I got the bag back it was overstuffed with 8 additional ounces of down. The bag has performed superbly since then. I highly recommend Marmot, and I'm looking at getting a Helium for next season.

jeramie75
09-29-2011, 13:41
I got a Helium and Plasma. I feel like the Helium is by far the best bang for your buck. Fit and quality on both bags are superb.

scope
09-29-2011, 14:13
Marmot makes a broad line of stuff, some of it VERY good as attested to here, and some is just very average - maybe a decent value at a sale price, but not a real bargain. A Montbell bag came up in like products for essentially the same amount and I would trust that one a WHOLE lot more. I realize the Montbell packs larger, but if size is a factor, then you should be looking at down.