PDA

View Full Version : Thru Hiking the BMT

Renee
09-16-2011, 17:56
My hiking partner and I are about to thru hike the BMT starting Sept. 28th. We're going North to South and using Sgt. Rock's excellent guide plus the appropriate maps. Anyone else going to be out there then? Can't wait! Renee (Roam).

10-K
09-16-2011, 18:31
Lucky you! I thrued it south to north in April and had a blast. It's a great trail, I enjoyed it very much.

Definitely take Sgt Rock's guide - it's a must-have. The appropriate Nat Geo maps are also pretty much required. And a compass wouldn't hurt.

Renee
09-16-2011, 18:46
Hi 10-K! Read your journal and enjoyed it very much. Yes, we're taking a compass as well. I'm really looking forward to the Smokies and seeing Springer Mt. again. Do you have any other advice? We're really looking forward to this trip. I recently purchased a hexamid z-packs cuben fiber tent so I'll see how that goes. I'm really trying to go light.

10-K
09-16-2011, 18:57
Well, I would highly recommend stopping at Webb Bros store. :) You'll come to it right as you finish the John Muir trail and cross the bridge over the river.

Renee
09-17-2011, 14:31
Sounds good. We'll be there! We are actually sending a mail drop there. Called in advance so hopefully it will work out.

SGT Rock
09-21-2011, 17:02
Very cool. Maybe I'll run into you out there somewhere.