PDA

View Full Version : Video journaling posting site?

Fog Horn
09-18-2011, 13:46
I think I want to do a video journal instead of a written journal. I get lazy about the written word at about week four of a tiring activity. It will also ensure i brush my hair daily haha. I'm not seeing any video uploading trail journal sites though. Does anyone know of any?

Driver8
09-18-2011, 15:31
Youtube - a few have used it for this.

Fog Horn
09-18-2011, 16:37
I'd like to stay away from youtube if possible. I'd use a blogspot before a youtube just to make sure everything is in order and privately viewed only. I'm just hoping someone out there has something better than both these options.

Thanks for the reply though!

slims
09-18-2011, 17:13
YouTube gives you the ability to make videos private, allowing you to choose who you want to see them. Unfortunately the people viewing the private videos have to have a YouTube account. You can also make them unlisted so that nobody can search and find them and you just share the link with you who want to see them. What other features would you need? I've heard Vimeo is quite good too. They've got a video up about their privacy settings. Check it out and see if it might work for you. http://www.vimeo.com/232857

Fog Horn
09-18-2011, 17:51
Vimeo actually looks pretty decent. I'll have to explore it a bit more. Thanks.

As for features, ideally I'd like a place where I could update pics, words, or video, all in order like a journal, like everything that postholer offers but with a video option would be perfect, but I'm assuming its too much to ask for. I might have to settle for emailing it out maybe. I likely won't want to update more than a handful of people anyway.

I've got five months to figure it out :)

WingedMonkey
09-18-2011, 18:23
Most that I've seen have used either Blogspot or Wordpress to both post blogs and upload videos and photos. I've been playing with both to see which one I prefer. So far I like Wordpress most for ease in loading video, using Youtube with private settings. The learning curve with either doesn't seem so bad so far.