PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days question

Doc
02-23-2005, 11:59
This Spring I plan to quit my day job(my wife hates the word retirement) and get back on the trail north of Pearisburg, heading north. I will have a car somewhere and plan to get off the trail during Trail Days and drive to Damascus. Where in town are the major activities, where are the hiker tents set up,is there a central place for messages,and where will I be able to leave my car for a day or so? I am somewhat familiar with the town's layout, having hiked from there several times and have biked in the area. Also, is there a schedule of events yet?

Doc

Jaybird
02-23-2005, 12:21
Yo Doc!

the hiker tent area is set up in the CITY PARK.
for all the TRAIL DAYS goings on....email LONE WOLF or get him to list the activities here...would be good for all to see. :D

http://www.traildays.nstemp.com/

good luck with yer hike...i'll be missing TD this year...will be hiking out of Damascus on May 8th heading NOBO to Pearisburg.

Lone Wolf
02-23-2005, 13:09
The hiker tenting is at the TOWN CAMPGROUND about .8 tenths of a mile on the road out past the old Side Track Cafe. Gear reps. are there also.
At the CITY/TOWN park is where all the food/arts & crafts/outfitters and other vendors are located. The Hiker Talent Show and live music is also there.
There are various places all over town to park. Shuttle buses will be running all day and night from one end of town to the other during T Days.
The schedule hasn't been printed up yet but I do have a tentative list of what's going on. I'll try to post it.

Lone Wolf
02-23-2005, 13:14
Doc, send me your e-mail and I'll forward the schedule to you.

Lion King
02-23-2005, 15:44
Doc, send me your e-mail and I'll forward the schedule to you.
Hey man...curious.

I am thinking of Driving to Damascus in a week or so then hiking South to Springer then hitching back from TD, or hitching down to Springer and hiking back up, and I was curious if I could park somewhere out of the way at your place, or if you know of anywhere I could leave my car...hell, we can put a for sale sign on it too, as I am trying to raise funds to do a film on the PCT following trail days---figure I will start in SoCal on May 15th...but I am hiking either from Springer to Damascus, or the other way first.

Thanks
LK

Lion King
02-23-2005, 15:45
Damn it.

That was suppoused to be a PM!!!!

What the hell...