PDA

View Full Version : Unicoi Gap Showers and Eats

Chatter98
09-19-2011, 14:35
This weekend I am going for a couple day stroll starting from Springer and finishing at Unicoi Gap. My wife is planning to pick me up and we are trying to figure the best place to go for food when she picks me up. There is a hitch though, she would prefer some place that offered a cheap shower, or a cheap shower that is close and on the way to where we are going to dine. I don't mind a quick towel bath, but she insists a shower will be in order. I was wondering if unocoi campground would allow this if dining there for lunch or is there anything that would meet both these needs?

max patch
09-19-2011, 14:45
I end several hikes a year at Lake Winfield Scott State Park where for price of a parking permit I go swimming and then shower. I can't imagine that Unicoi State Park would be any different.

Tennessee Viking
09-19-2011, 14:48
Easy. Ron Haven's Hiawasee Inn. You can head south of Unicoi Gap into Helen. But its pricer and a tourist trap.

Mountain Shuttler
09-19-2011, 17:04
I end several hikes a year at Lake Winfield Scott State Park where for price of a parking permit I go swimming and then shower. I can't imagine that Unicoi State Park would be any different.
Lake Winfield Scott State Park? That's a new one to me. It's Vogel State Park. Lake Winfield Scott is Forest Service Land!

generoll
09-19-2011, 17:15
it's also a campground.