PDA

View Full Version : Lafuma Extreme 650 Pro Sleeping Bag

fireneck
09-19-2011, 23:28
Anyone have this bag (http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Lafuma-Extreme-650-Pro-Sleeping-Bag_10118291_10208_10000001_-1_)... thoughts?

Spokes
09-20-2011, 07:27
I used the LaFuma as my summer bag on my thru hike. After 2 weeks the stiching along the inside zipper baffle frayed and came completely undone. The LaFuma folks made good on a replacement. The material feels "itchy" and cheap compared to my good ol' down bag.

If I had to do it over again I'd look for something else.

nehiker
09-20-2011, 08:35
I have Lafuma Extreme 600 45-degree bag, which I purchased 3-4 years ago, on rei-outlet. It is only 20-21 oz and packs really small. At first I was astounded how warm this thin, almost see-through thing was. I used it in the 100-mile wilderness in August 2008 and never put any warm cloths on to sleep in it (inside of a tent, not in a shelter). I am pretty certain the daytime highs never went above mid-70s; the lows were probably in the 50s.

However, after 3-4 years and perhaps 30 nights in it (and a few washes), it does not seem that warm any longer (or perhaps I am getting old). I used it on the LT this summer, going SOBO. The first night I stayed in a cabin, very close to the border. It was a rather chilly and windy night (around 50 I would guess, not including the windchill); even though, I put my 100-fleece jacket on, I was still chilly at night. The remaining nights I was perfectly fine, usually without the fleece. One of these night I slept in a shelter without the tent; a few of the nights, I set up the tent without the fly inside of shelters (no one else was there).

So, I would say, it is a great bag while it lasts; to what extent ``while" depends on the number of uses, washes, or just its age, I do not know.