PDA

View Full Version : nj point of interest ?

espltd15n
09-19-2011, 23:34
I'm looking to take a few friends to the AT for the first time and I'm looking to take to a spot on the trail that they will never forget. I'm planning on doing a two day one night hike so if someone can help me out with a good place to start id appreciate it.

camojack
09-20-2011, 01:16
I'm looking to take a few friends to the AT for the first time and I'm looking to take to a spot on the trail that they will never forget. I'm planning on doing a two day one night hike so if someone can help me out with a good place to start id appreciate it.
How about hiking from the trail head by I-80 to Sunfish Pond? :sun

bobp
09-24-2011, 08:40
Well, you could skip the AT and climb Mt Tammany and Mt. Minsi on either side of the Gap. The AT on the PA side goes up Mt. Minsi and affords some nice views. On the NJ side, the AT is pleasant, but other trails offer more spectacular views.

Fox Gap, PA to the Gap is a nice hike, and once at the Gap you have a couple of choices -- AT to Backpacker #2 and then backtrack to the I-80 trailhead, or take a trail down the ridge to either the Worthington State Forest campground or to the Karamac/Fairview parking area on Old Mine Road. The trail down the ridge to the campground is an appealing option, because you get some nice views and the campsites are right along the river.

bobp
10-08-2011, 08:46
So how did the trip go???

modiyooch
10-08-2011, 14:12
saw five bear in one day in delaware water gap. I won't forget it. I liked NJ