PDA

View Full Version : Del water gap/high point fast and light - sept 24/55

hambone5126
09-20-2011, 13:48
im going out for a fast paced overnighter between the delaware water gap and high point here in NJ. right now im going solo, but i figured id put it out there in case any other whiteblazers were interested in coming along.
my tenative plan so far is to go up friday night and camp on the PA side of the gap on minissi to get an early start saturday morning. im planning on a 20-25 mile day to camp somewhere around crater lake or push to the brink road shelter saturday evening. next day would be about the same milage +/- a few depending on where camp is made. end point at the high point monument.
post or pm me for more info.

Toolshed
09-20-2011, 18:29
FYI....Unless the DWGNRA has changed it's position, There isn't any camping until you get into the gully past Crater lake Just before Rattlesnake Mtn. (Rattlesnake is a good place to camp too..) Craterlake does get patrolled too...

hambone5126
09-21-2011, 14:45
i read up on that and figured i wouldnt be stopping within the no camping area. i figured i would just hump it to the shelter

Rusty Nail
09-23-2011, 06:50
I tried SOBO Culvers Gap to DWG a few weeks ago, passed Brink road shelter at about 9am. Ran out of steam and daylight near Mohican Outdoor Center. I suppose if you break camp really early you would have a better chance, but at that pace you will see nothing but your feet.